- This is a moderated story. That means that Twoflower
(said moderator) has final say in all matters regarding Ultra, and
will be working closely with the authors rather than just posting
files. Lasseiz-faire (do as you like) will generally be the
policy of the day, as overweening control can hurt a good story, but
this rule acts as a good backup in case of problems.
- Before the end of each season, an application will be posted
for authors wanting to sign up for the next season. This will evaluate
your booking skills, and good scores combined with observations
from other sources (and some luck, since usually we have TONS
of apps) will determine your entry.
- The default amount of time before a part is due is one week.
However, variable extensions are available IF you ask for them
before your deadline! Please get in contact with TF as early as
possible. Usually extensions are two days, but can be more
if it looks like it'll yeild a more complete part (procrastination
is not a good reason...) Because deadlines are more flexible than
Improfanfic.com, please don't try to plan on how many weeks it'll
be before your part is up...
- Fanart, Omake (non-plot binding sidestories), and Non-fiction
works can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please submit no art larger than 250k.
COMBAT AND FIGHTING MATCH RULES (IC)
(Any submitted episode not meeting these will be rejected!
Not every episode will be checked, but if a reader brings it
to my attention...)
- Matches are one-on-one fights. To win, knock the opponent unconscious
(K.O.). Rings will be standard squared circle, with border ropes
-- K.O.s achieved outside the ring will disqualify you, but leaving
the ring is permitted. (Leaving the STADIUM will be a disqualification.)
- If the current belt-holding Champion is defeated, the belt is
transferred to the victor.
- However, a fighter CANNOT challenge the current champion until
he or she has won at least one fight against someone else.
- Challenges can be issued for ownership of the belt, for grudges,
or for any reason whatsoever. However, any matches against opponents
from other divisions do not count as qualifying matches, and belts
cannot be exchanged.
- No bladed weapons or firearms may be used. Blunt objects only
and energy-type attacks.
- 'Special Situation' matches like steel cage matches, inferno matches,
'Hell in a Cell' matches, 'What number am I thinking of', staring
contests or whatever are also permissible if both parties agree
OMEGA (Same rules as Gamma, but...) :
Matches take place in a seperate dimension, with
landscape varying from fight to fight, for the safety of all spectators.
- Anything goes, all holds, all attacks, all weapons, all powers.
Knockout win clause still holds.
- Destruction of the world and/or universe is a technical foul.
LAMBDA (Same rules as Gamma, but...) :
- Tag team rules are in effect. Partners wait just outside the ropes
and can swap off with a partner if physically touched. Matches end
when the partner inside the ring is knocked out.
- If a tag team member is challenged by someone in any division for
a one-on-one, no belts can be exchanged.
- This is a special belt, open to anybody EXCEPT Omega division fighters.
Anybody who defeats the current Hardcore champion can claim the belt
and defend it against others.
- All fights start in the UltraDome, near the ring, but can migrate
to any location after. Knockouts count anywhere.
- Any weapon you can find in the UltraDome is valid. No holds are
barred and there are no disqualifications, except for getting an illegal
assist from another fighter. If the referee sees this, he can disqualify
the whole match and no belt is exchanged.
AUTHOR'S GUIDELINES (OOC)
- You can write any number of matches, championship or otherwise,
as you want. In any division. Include any amount of outside-of-the-ring
plot as you want as well. You don't have to write 150k+ or do fanart
or anything like that. Nor do you have to have co-authors. Nothing's
restricting you from doing any of that, either.
- You can only hire or fire ONE fighter/team in your part with
moderator approval only. This is to keep plot bloat and character
counts at a reasonable size. non-combatative cameos or guest
roles, however, are fine (but should not be abused). And of course,
you don't have to introduce ANY new characters if you don't want to.
^_^ You must submit a complete outline of your part to the moderator
before you get busy in order to recieve the rubber stamp of approval
on your hire/fire.
- Note Gamma div. rule #3! That means any new fighters you introduce
cannot storm right up and win their division's belt in your
part. They will need to fight and win around first, and a later author
can decide if they deserve the championship.
- Keep it real! If you hate a character, and want them to lose a fight,
that's okay; but they shouldn't lose pathetically easy to a character
that's clearly weaker than them. Make it a long, tough, and highly
entertaining battle -- perhaps with an ironic twist or a semi-legal
assist from an ally. ^_^ For more plotting suggestions, tune into
ECW or WWF on cable. Trust me, it won't hurt that much.
- Every 10 or 11 episodes, there will be the UltraRage 'pay per view'
event by Twoflower and/or his cronies. If you want to announce match
for the PPV please contact him first.
- In addition, mid-season might have the UltraREBOOT pay per view
event. This is based on a reader-voting tournament. It's only held
if the middle authors volunteer to do one, since they are a lot of